Sunday, June 15, 2008

Updates







Okay, well we're "settled" now--if settled means things are in full swing...We're loving the gorgeous mountain views, and we find Payson to be a very pleasant town to live in. Our church is very warm and loving, and we're meeting more and more people. JR is doing well at his job, and he will be going full time in the near future. Emily started dance classes on Wed., and it was a bit hit! She very enthusiastically showed her teacher everything she already knew how to do. During one of their stretching exercises they pretended to put peanut butter and jelly on the bottoms of their feet, and she has been practicing that one all week. Adrian is talking ALL the time, and he's actually speaking pretty clearly in full sentences all the time now. Sun. the 22nd is his 2nd birthday, and we're going to visit the Salt Lake City zoo to celebrate. He loves animals, and he loves to tell you what the animals say. Bugs are his biggest obsession and fear right now. I've been doing lots of work with the church as we prepare for a mission team from Kentucky to come do Kids' Clubs and Sports Camps. They will be here one week from today, so this is kind of crunch time. JR and I are also leading worship at church, and it is quite the experience. My rusty and limited piano skills are being put to use while JR plays the guitar. Our band is growing weekly. This week we added 3 singers, and we have a drummer practicing with us. Hopefully, he'll be playing with us next week. It's amazing to me how a good drummer really fills in and keeps us on track. We do 4 songs weekly, and we will be leading at our church's Praise in the Park service on June 25. I am more than a little nervous about that one. Yeah, the music would be the thing that keeps me the busiest and stresses me the most every week. It is getting easier little by little though. I am also beginning to pick up some tutoring business (I have 3 students), and my new adventure is teaching piano. I have one very excited 10 yr. old that I'm teaching piano right now. Hopefully, I'll be kicking off my Spa business soon too, so I have a feeling things will only get busier from here. I'm still learning how to use Blogspot, but I'm going to try to post some pictures on here soon, so you'll have some images to go with the things I've told you about. Thanks for keeping up with us!

--Becky

2 comments:

Steve said...

I love the photos! Glad to hear things are moving along so well musically. We always loved to hear Becky sing in Ky.

Jennifer said...

The view is gorgeous! I am so glad that things are settling in well for you! Isn't it amazing when we makes ourselves available to the Lord how much He can use us? We miss you guys and continue to pray for more ministry opportunities and for you all to find favor with those around you. Blessings to you all.